The Derwent Mercantile Collegiate Rowing Club is the second oldest rowing club in Australia and the oldest in Tasmania.
The club came into being in 1965 as a result of the merger of the Derwent Rowing Club (est. 1871) and the Mercantile Rowing Club (est. 1876).
The club is located in the former Derwent Rowing Club clubhouse at Pavilion Point. The building was constructed in the early 1950's following a fire that destroyed the old boat sheds and most of the equipment.
At a Special General Meeting on December 8 1996, the St Michaels Collegiate School was received into the club as an equal partner, thus creating the Derwent Mercantile Collegiate Rowing Club. This has brought new life to the club and a new era in its history.